Nuka Cola Bottle Cap Jewelry by: Angry Robots Cosplay
We need more of this kind of thing in future games. I am being completely serious. Its not fair otherwise.
SEXISM IS OVER
Parody redraws of the male Dragon’s Crown characters in the style of the female characters. Thought people might enjoy it.
FREE GIVEAWAY celebrating 200 likes!
You can win a Dalek plush made by Katrina or 1/2 off a wig styled by Katie!
Enter here> http://bit.ly/1353LI5
DWARF EARS TUTORIAL
If you need more in depth stuff, just send me a message!
I should also mention that you will need help for this…it is near impossible to do by yourself!
1. Make casts of your ears! I like to use alginate, since it is easier to use, clean up, safer for sensitive skin and easier to work with than silicone. I dont have photos of this step because we were both ugly that day lol
I used plastic wrap and cut a hole in it for the ear to fit through, so none of the alginate would get in her hair or on her face. Also, make sure you WEAR EAR PLUGS
2. To make the mold, use a plastic cup or equivalent, cut the bottom out, and place over the ear (be sure your model is laying down horizontally for this!) Pour your alginate mixture into the cup (make it fairly thick so it doesnt seep out of the bottom of the cup.)
Work quickly! Alginate sets VERY QUICKLY
3. When alginate sets, make a plaster cast. Once the palster sets you will have a perfect mold of your ear!
Since I dont like sculpting on plaster (it chips and breaks) I wanted to make a plastic pair of ears so I wouldnt need to worry about breaking them while I sculpted on top of them. Alginate doesnt really like to work with smooth-cast 300, because alginate has a lot of water in it, it reacts weird with the plastic and makes the final cast warpy….unless you let the alginate dry a bit first (but not too long, because it can shrivel)
ANYWAY……I made another mold for the plastic and cast them in smooth-cast 300….any questions let me know….on to the tutorial
4. Sculpt your ears. I use oil based clay because it doesnt dry out. that way you can leave it out and not have to worry about it. The look is all up to you….I cant really help you with that part….just study ears and look at photos of ears and just have fun!
5. For the actual ears, I just used liquid latex. I figured it would be MUCH easier to just paint it on top of my sculpt in thin layers, and I was right. Use brushes you wont miss, because you might go through a lot of them. Make sure each layer dries COMPLETELY before adding another one! I think I must have used about 40 layers…..it will take some time.
(Another tip for the brushes….if you wet it first, then use the latex, then immediately rinse with dish soap, you will be able to save your brush lol)
IMPORTANT TIP: When you are ready to take your finished ears off their mold, powder the outside first, and then the inside as you are peeling it off…..if you do NOT powder it, then it will stick to itself and you will need to start over!!!
6. Once you have all your layers done. it’s time to paint! I use stage makeup for this, it is thicker than normal everyday stuff. Paint how you’d like, then be sure to POWDER it. It helps it stay on longer.
7. ALL DONE! Stick them on using spirit gum or pros aide (I prefer pros aide, since it sticks better)
Well let me tell you, it was quite the pragmatic purchase. It has endless uses in my morning routine.
Such as making the bed:
Getting things off high shelves:
Reaching the remote when it’s too far away:
And assisting me when I ran out of toilet paper:
I don’t know how I survived life without it.
OMG I WANT ONE!! SO USEFUL!!!!
Its tough to be the Khaleesi. Especially when you get weird tan lines from your outfits. This is what happened to Ktar when she wore her Daenerys costume in the sun too long.
After I decide on the costume I want to start working on, I delve into the internet, which can be scary, haha
I look for a few things:
- images of the costume I’m making
- other cosplayers’ work
- clips of whatever I’m making something from that includes the characters I’m…
You know how it is, right, ladies? You know a guy for a while. You hang out with him. You do fun things with him—play video games, watch movies, go hiking, go to concerts. You invite him to your parties. You listen to his problems. You do all this…
OMG YES! I was trying to explain this very phenomenon to some guys and they were saying I was just full of myself when I said that all the guys who want to hang out with me also want to date me. D: Guys have no interest in hanging out with girls unless they can be potential girlfriends.
Hello everyone! I recently have started 3D modeling some Fili beads.The current models are available for purchase at the 3D printing site Shapeways. They are a bit expensive because 3D printing is always expensive.. but I am still excited to do more models and get them printed soon! I am also planning to do Kili’s belt buckles and plate mail tiles as well.
Fili’s Small Bead
Fili’s Large Bead
Kilayi and I are currently working on Fili and Kili costumes. Check our tumblr and website http://www.angryrobotscosplay.com for our previous costumes and future tutorials as we work on our Dwarf cosplays!